In order to achieve our vision of ‘Learning to Grow and Succeed Together’, we use our core values to enable our children to:
- Have dreams, values and ambitions, and the life skills to reach their full potential.
- Know how to learn, and have skills and knowledge for life.
- Be independent, self motivated and self confident.
- Be successful by learning from mistakes, accepting failure and having the determination to try again.
- Stand up for themselves whilst respecting the ideals of others.
- Understand that they can make a difference in an imperfect world, and have sound values to build a life on.
- Attain highly across the curriculum in order to have the best possible life chances and opportunities.
Making our vision and values a reality:
At EWPS our curriculum is based around a set of golden absolutes to help us make our vision and values a reality. These were created after consultation with pupils, parents, governors, staff so that we truly reflect the needs, interests and aspirations of the community we serve. These golden absolutes are a curriculum that:
- Enables children to be aspirational and prepared for life in the 21st century.
- Promotes enjoyment, creativity, critical thinking and fascination for learning.
- Nurtures the mental, physical and emotional wellbeing of every child.
- Supports children to become effective and confident communicators.
- Encourages collaboration, team work and mutual respect.
- Provides a meaningful context for learning that reflects local needs and community.
- Broadens horizons, locally, nationally and globally.
- Promotes a social conscience that reflects British Values.
- Provides access for all.