Meet Our Governors
The Governing Body at EWPS
The Governing Body at Ellen Wilkinson would like to take this opportunity to introduce ourselves and share some of the work we do to support the school. We are a dedicated team, who enjoy working collaboratively to provide high quality support and challenge to the school. We have a range of skills that we utilise to ensure we make a positive impact in all areas across the school.
What do Governors do?
Governors are volunteers who work together with the Head teacher of the school and the Local Authority to improve the quality of education in our schools.
Governing is about opening doors to education opportunities. It is challenging and rewarding work. The main work of the governing body is to meet, discuss and decide. Apart from governing body meetings, which are held at the school, governors also set aside time for reading papers, visiting the school and attending training.
Governing bodies make decisions about:
- Setting the schools aims and policies;
- Raising standards of achievement;
- Making sure the money is spent wisely;
- Appointing senior staff;
- Improving the school environment;
- Making sure all pupils receive rights to all education opportunities.
- Support school activities;
- Visit the school on behalf of the governing body;
- Promote their school in the community.
Who are our Governors?
Click here to view our Governors' Details and Register of Interests.
Governors Attendance & Other Information
Please click below for further information about our governing body.
Governor Attendance - 2020 -2022 (Click HERE)
Governor Attendance - 2017 -2019 (Click HERE)
National Governance Association