We work with a number of different partners to ensure that we provide the best possible learning experience for all members of the EWPS community. Listed below are some examples of this.
Beckton & Royal Docks (BaRD)
Beckton & Royal Docks Children’s Centre delivers a range of high quality services, for families with under 5s. Services aim to support parents / carers and to enable children to flourish at home and to thrive when they start school. The Children’s Centre programme is based on the concept that providing integrated education with childcare, family support and health services are key factors in achieving good outcomes for children and parents.
Confucius Institute (Linked to London Southbank University)
We are currently working with the Confucius Institute in relation to developing our Mandarin language provision. They have also assisted us with cultural days, run an after school Tai Chi Club and facilitated a visit to China to learn more about the Chinese approach to education.
Newham Sports Partnership
We are a member of the Newham Sports Partnership which supports our access to borough and national sporting competitions. They also support staff CPD in PE and help us run our sports days.
We work with a number of Further Education establishments in relation to student teacher placements. These include: Kingston, University of East London & Greenwich University.
Local Secondary Schools
- We work closely with a number of secondary schools as part of our transition arrangements. This can include taster days, use of premises & facilities and secondary staff supporting events.
- We are working closely with RM as part of our technology partnership to develop our provision, with specific focus on remote learning. For further details on the work that has been done, please click on the link below for the case study carried out by RM.
Renaissance Partner School Programme
- Renaissance is a computer-adaptive testing platform for Reading and Maths, which we use as a means of supporting our teacher assessment.
- We were selected to become a Renaissance Partner School due to our outstanding achievement in the implementation of Renaissance products for the benefit of our pupils, teachers and parents in order to achieve a true reading and assessment culture.
- We have formed part of an established network of partners who share insights and learn from other experienced users of Renaissance products.
Newham Academy of Music
- Specialist teacher are provided to teach Ukulele to Year 3 and facilitate an after school club
- Support with SEND engagement through music
- Opportunities for children to access music events in London
- Access to staff training
London District East Teaching School Hub
We are part of the LDETSH which involves 30 schools across 7 London Boroughs. This gives us huge strength and capacity in teaching and learning and leadership to work with and learn from other schools. We also support delivery of training for accredited professional development programmes such as NPQML and NPQSL. Part of this alliance is also supporting Initial Teacher Training. To find out more about this please click here.
A project that is jointly run between Newham schools and the Metropolitan Police.
For further details see the Safeguarding Tab under the Our School - Welcome heading above.